My Blog Egg

My Blog Egg
EGG

Thursday, December 9, 2010

jAY AND nICK

I think that the relationship between these two characters in The Great Gatsby is based on being fake.  I think that the only reason Jay Gatsby reaches out to Nick Carraway is because Gatsby found out that Carraway was “good” friends with Tom, Daisy’s husband.  I can see the relationship between them maybe get stronger into actually becoming friends but with Daisy now coming into the “actual” picture Nick may be pushed out.  I think that Daisy will look at Gatsby and see a new man not the same man she once new.  She may realize that she is no longer in love with him (so I am assuming for I am not completely sure if they were involved romantically).  This will bring Gatsby back to Nick for guidance into winning Daisy back.  Jay may have to reveal many of his secrets he has spent so much time and effort into concealing, to Carraway.  Their relationship will be pushed to braking point or be strengthened but all on the Jay’s fake pretence on just wanting to be friends for no particular reason.
(All of this is based on my speculation and thought from reading the first five chapters so I may be terribly wrong about all of this.  I guess I’ll just have to wait and see.) J

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why the font is like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay knows it all. If things don't work between him and Daisy, then he'll make it happen even if it means using nick some more :p

    ReplyDelete