My Blog Egg

My Blog Egg
EGG

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Graffiti Where Is It?

Graffiti is a way to express oneself and show off ones work to the world.   In the movie Beat Street I totally agree with Ramon’s point of view with tagging.  He does great things that have true meaning behind it while there are some that want to write their name quickly and be done with it.  Though I don’t condone writing on people houses without permission I do believe that there are areas that should be brightened up.  In France whenever I take the highway the walls around are always covers in people’s art! I honestly would rather see people spray painting whatever they want in colorfulness, and seeing each person one after another blend their thoughts with other’s thoughts, than a plain gray wall.  I also think it is so cool when we drive under a bridge and you can see graffiti all along it.  It amazes me that people can get there, probably be in mid air and still do such intricate designs. I miss seeing that.  Now in Chicago all I see are little black scribbles in marker on the train chairs and windows.  Occasionally when I walk around I come across really cool things and wonder who did it.  I feel like they have just showed me a little bit of their soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment