My Blog Egg

My Blog Egg
EGG

Friday, October 22, 2010

When did I know I was an American

The moment I knew then I was an American was when I finally understood what citizenship was, I could speak English and when I felt like I was home.  I moved to America when I was 3 years old; I was like every little kid, (yes I did grow and yes I’m still little no need to remind me) (O and Ps: my goal is to grow to 5 foot 5 inches. I think it’s quite reasonable) I wanted to have fun and hang out with friends.  As I got older and I would visit people in France and they would ask me “What am I” I would always say I’m American.  I felt that I was an American because that was where I lived and where my home was.  I link home is what you are.  Home is where you feel at ease.  Home is where you need to be.

2 comments:

  1. home is where the heart is! Your story reminds me of my family's story..sort of. We all considered ourselves 100% polish, until we visited home back in Poland. The neighbors would joke around and say "you Americans", so we realized that we really were. But since my family was born in Poland, we're still super duper Polish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your right, like Natalie said "home's where the ♥ is", if you feel safe and loved at home, that's where you will say you're from, but also like Natalie said, when you're in America you feel like your from the other place you're alos from and when you're over there you feel like your from here. xD

    ReplyDelete