My Blog Egg

My Blog Egg
EGG

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tell Tale Heart by Edger Allen Poe

The Tell Tale Heart by Edger Allen Poe what a confusing story. I think that the best lie is the one closest to the truth; even for a crazy person.  When the narrator expresses his extreme fear for the “vulture eye”, also known as the blind person’s eye, I am led to believe him.  I know that the “vulture eye” refers to the blind person’s eye because when the narrator shines a light on it he simply does not notice it. I believe that the narrator really did care about the old man but his terrible fear started to eat at him until he went mad and had to kill the eye sadly including the old man.  Once he kills the old man he feels successful until the guilt starts seeping in, bleeding in though every wall coming through the floor.  At first he is able to ignore it but as time goes by the guilt increases.  In the end he can no longer hide his feelings and gives in.  The beating he hears coming from the flood is made up it is just his guilt manifesting, like the bad feeling you get when you do something you know is wrong.  

No comments:

Post a Comment